There are several Visiting Professorships in Australian Studies that are usually offered on an annual basis.
- The BHP Billiton Chair of Australian Studies, Peking University, People’s Republic of China
- The Annual Visiting Professor of Australian Studies, Centre for Pacific and American Studies, University of Tokyo
- Gough Whitlam and Malcolm Fraser Chair of Australian Studies, Harvard University
- Keith Cameron Chair of Australian History, University College Dublin
- Distinguished Visiting Chair in Australian Studies, University of Copenhagen
- The Ludwig Hirschfeld-Mack Visiting Chair of Australian Studies, Freie Universitat, Berlin.